Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SAHM

I seem to be able to be a SAHM for a certain number of hours each day, but after that amount of time I am done. DONE.

Today, I have both kids at home with me because my daycare provider had her helper call in sick and can only have 6 kids there with her and since we don't drop off first, we can't drop off at all. In the morning we made a shape turkey, hand turkeys, gratitude turkeys, glitter glue pictures and a dot art coloring book. We had breakfast, we made an event of getting dressed and putting in pony tails and we watched part of a Disney movie.

Now, the afternoon hours are waning and there was no toddler nap and quiet time failed. The infant has not gone down for a nap despite being tired (probably because his big sister is pathologically incapable of being quiet). The toddler is yammering non stop, issued most often in some form of whining proceeded by 'mom, mom, mom, mom, mom...'

I'm out of ideas for distraction I'd love to have her run around in the yard but am not really interested in standing in the cold and don't have a warm enough thing to bundle the infant in to take him out too. Every time I have to nurse him she steals my iphone and starts to watch something on PBS kids. I take it away and then think 'why am I doing that? it only adds to my own misery, let her watch!' I might take that thought back when she is 10 and has ADD.

Basically, I've hit that point when I feel like I'm trapped in some circle of hell and there are hours, HOURS before the hubs will be home.

This too shall pass, but not before I've looked longingly at the case of beer in the kitchen a time or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment